Why Should You Choose Granite Countertops?
What Is Granite?
Granite is an igneous rock composed mostly of two minerals: quartz and feldspar. It is an intrusive rock, meaning that it crystallized from magma that cooled far below the earth’s surface. Its name is derived from the Latin word granum, which means grain, a reference to the easily-seen minerals in the rock.
- Endless patterns and colors
- Each piece is unique and created by nature
- Provides worth to your home
- Your kitchen will look like a million dollars
- Durable scratch-resistant surface top
- Will not burn when hot pots are set on granite countertop
- Stains can be removed from Granite Countertop
- Harbors no bacteria or radon gasses
- Lasting value – granite will last forever
- Granite can be repaired if ever scratched or cracked
- Has a luxurious look and feel just like more expensive stone options
Granite countertops can handle any damage you can make. Granite countertops won’t scratch, unless you are using diamond blades. Granite countertops won’t stain like marble or synthetic countertops. Your granite kitchen countertop can be used as a cutting board without suffering any ill effects. Vegetables, fruits, and other food can be applied directly to Granite countertops without staining or destroying the seal. While lemon and tomato juices and foods normally cause a mess, with granite countertops, these messes can be cleaned up quickly. Similar surfaces like a soapstone, marble, concrete, and limestone can be easily damaged by daily use and are not as strong as granite countertops. The strength of man-made synthetic surfaces will never compare to the strength of natural granite countertops.
Newark Troy Granite
(302) 292 1750
711 Interchange Blvd. Newark, DE 19711
Open 7 Days
M - F: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sun: By Appointment Only (Call Ahead of time, please)
Pittsburgh Troy Granite
(412) 446 1060
484 Lowries Run Rd. Pittsburgh, PA 15237
M – F: 8:30am – 6:00pm
Sat: 10:00am – 4:00pm